Why Study Abroad?
The reasons for studying abroad are as varied as the students who choose this academic adventure. Assumption College provides students with a variety of opportunities to experience different cultures.
- Assumption Rome Campus: Assumption's campus in Rome, Italy, offers students the extraordinary experience of living and learning in the heart of "the Eternal City" With Assumption tuition, financial aid, and instructors, the Assumption Rome Campus offers students the to explore matters of church and state, culture and history - from ancient civilizations to contemporary Europe - by visiting key sites first-hand. After only two years in operation, the Rome Campus was named named one of the "10 Best Study Abroad Programs in America” by an independent college rankings journal.
- Semester study abroad: Assumption is very supportive of students studying abroad. In fact, a student’s financial aid award is applied to formal, approved study abroad programs in more than 50 locations around the globe. For those majoring in subjects with an explicit international focus – such as a foreign language, global studies, or international business, studying abroad is highly recommended, although not required.
- Short-term academic travel: A number of courses and faculty at Assumption offer opportunities to travel abroad for one or two weeks. These visits take place during school breaks and students can choose whether or not to participate. In some cases, Assumption partially underwrites the cost of the trip. Students have visited England, Ireland, France and Eastern Europe to name a few places they have visited.
- Cocurricular travel: Our students have performed throughout Europe and performed community service across the U.S. and Mexico. All these experiences enrich their education and their perspectives.
- Postgraduate study abroad: Assumption works closely with students to prepare their applications for prestigious post-graduate programs like the Fulbright Scholarship.
The Benefits of Travel Abroad
- Broaden your undergraduate education with international perspectives
- Gain a deeper, richer understanding of your own cultural identity
- Become true citizens of the world.